Disney movies truly are amazing. We grew up around Disney aminations, and now our kids get to experience the magic. Why have Disney movies become classics throughout decades? Perhaps it’s the lasting impact their messages leave with the viewer; the feel-good positive nature of great advice and happy endings.
Take a look at 17 moments in Disney movies that inspired us all!
1. “People make bad choices if they’re mad, or scared, or stressed.” –Bulda (Frozen)
2. “Believe in yourself. Everything you want is within reach.” –Pooh
3. “Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it.” – Rapunzel,Tangled
4. “When life gets you down do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming!” – Dory, Finding Nemo
5. “You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” – Gusteau, Ratatouille
6. Sometimes things have to change and maybe sometimes they’re for the better. –Nani (Lilo & Stitch)
7. Surround yourself with those who make you smile. –Minnie Mouse
8. “If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead. Now go up and look around!” – Gusteau, Ratatouille
9. “Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” – Lilo, Lilo and Stitch
10. “You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head… but I’ll tell you a secret… all of the best people are.” The Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.
11. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” – Winnie the Pooh
12. “Even miracles take some time.” – The Fairy Godmother in Cinderella.
13. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” – the Emperor in Mulan
14. “If everybody were like everybody else, how boring it would be. The things that make me different are the things that make me, Me!” (Piglet and Eeyore, to Pooh)
15. “I never look back, darling! It distracts me from the now.” (Edna Mode to Bob Parr)
16. “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” (Zeus to Hercules)
17. “Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what outside, but what is inside that counts.” Aladdin, Aladdin
So… this weekend, kick your feet back and watch your favorite Disney movie with the kids! You may just find the wisdom you’re looking for!