This post comes to us from a Smart Lunches family! Erica D. from Pennsylvania sent us some recipes for cute, quick and easy kid-friendly treats. These impressive and delectable desserts are super-simple to make.
*A quick safety note for those with young kids: Some of these recipes involve lollipop sticks, which can be a choking hazard for children 6 and under. Use with caution and monitor older kids as well.
These easy-to-make monkey bread, or pull-apart, muffins are a delicious treat.
- 1 package of 4 refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough pack
- 1.5 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin cups well (be sure to get bottom and sides). It will make about 18 cups.
Mix sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into small pieces. Shake biscuit pieces (a few at a time) in plastic bag and lay on a cookie sheet on the side.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pot. Stir well until combined.
- Assemble the muffins. Spoon 1 teaspoon of butter mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup. Add about 8-10 biscuit pieces into each cup. (Feel free to add some raisins in the middle and on top if you want.) Spoon another 1 teaspoon of butter mixture over each muffin cup. If any sugar mixture remains, sprinkle evenly over each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes or until golden brown…be sure to rotate halfway.
- Cool for 1 minute in tray. Invert tray onto a cookie sheet over some parchment paper to catch any drippings. The muffins should just pull apart when you eat. Enjoy!
Erica says, “I made these for my daughter’s kindergarten class, and they seemed to go over well!”
- Green or red grapes
- Sugar eyeballs (available at Target or any craft store)
- Tube of white icing
- Lollipop sticks*
- Gently slide about 7 grapes sideways onto a lollipop stick. (You can decide what pattern if any you want). Slowly twisting the stick seemed to make it go easily through the grape.
- Dap a small amount of white icing to the back of 2 sugar eyeballs.
- Gently place the sugar eyeballs to the first grape.
This is a classic treat for picky-eaters.
- Spread sunbutter on a piece of bread
- Lay a banana in the middle
- Spread jelly on top of the banana
- Fold the bread to make a sandwich
These fun dumbbells are easy to make and sure to impress!
- Box of Fruity Cheerios (Lucky Charms work too)
- Large lollipop sticks*
- Place a marshmallow on the end of a lollipop stick.
- Gently slide the stick into the hole of the fruity cheerio. (some will break…that’s why you have a box) Slowly spinning the stick into the hole helps with not breaking.
- Create desired pattern.
- Put another marshmallow on the end.